stegi.io 08/01 Desire
- If you walk from your lounge room into your kitchen and you see an opened slab of chocolate on the kitchen table, you will break a piece off and eat it, even if you are not in the slightest bit hungry. That is because your vision of the chocolate temps your mind to DESIRE it, then your mind moves your muscles to fulfil the desire.
- We have a tendency to blame the chocolate for tempting us, but it is definitely not the fault of the chocolate. It does not spontaneously jump into our digestive system for it is our muscular action that facilitates that process, and that process starts in our mind. The problem is that we have a little serpent inside that triggers our “desire”.
- Your intellect might tell you that if you eat chocolate you get fat, but the little serpent says, “eat, and your DESIRE will be satisfied”. No wonder God made the serpent crawl on its belly.
- Each one of us has a desire to draw the entire cosmos into our minds and bodies, especially chocolate.
- This “desiring” is an aspect of Gravitation. Desire, magnetism and gravity are simply varying degrees of the same cosmic force – a force that pulls lonely singularities into clumps. That chocolate was alone, and you needed it inside your favourite clump.
- We have a need to collect to ourselves. We are magnetically attracted to this person and desire that partner, we desire that house, car, caravan and boat. This desiring is like gravity which sucks things into itself circumferentially, from all directions.
- I meditate a morning mantra daily. Part of it is HYD-WYD which I try and stick to during the day. HYD stands for Halt Your Desire and WYD stands for Worship Your diet. I am okay about Worshipping an apple or water, but I have difficulty Worshipping chocolate or red wine. If I pick up a piece of chocolate and cannot “worship” it as being elemental to my dietary good health, I then Halt the desire by remembering HYD.
- The HYD bit is paramount, for you have to take control of your desire in order for the worshipping to work. You cannot first succumb to the desire to eat the chocolate then as an afterthought wonder whether or not you should worship that mistake. You have to HYD first. Rather avoid the sin than beg for forgiveness of it.
- In the Garden of Eden, God said we could eat the fruit of many trees, but avoid one fruit; was that the fruit of temptation and desire?
To learn about the basics of stegi.io philosophy, please go to ABOUT STEGI – STEGI For other discernments, please scroll to other Posts and go down the rabbit holes of other Menu-pages.